08 March, 2009

Talks sans logic

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi died on 30 January 1948. India was independent. Gandhi was Bapu or 'Father of the Nation'.

In his 1940 will he said, “anything which by social convention or in law is considered mine, anything movable or immovable, books, articles etc. I endow to the Navjivan Institution whom I hereby declare as my heirs.”

James Otis - Private US collector

Public statement - "I have other Gandhi belongings. I would like to donate more items to the people of India to raise money for the poor."....Question : Whose poor? America's???

How the heck did Otis get Gandhi's possessions (not all gifts) unless (bloody well) aided by some insider! I leave you to draw your own conclusions, of the profile of someone who could aid the sale of priceless 'National Property'.

Antiquorum Auctioneers - An Auction house in New York

Signed a legal contract with James Otis that prohibited him from an abortive bid to withdraw his collection (of International significance) before the auction!!!

Can you believe this Bullshit!!!


Vijay Mallya - Chairman of the United Breweries Group and Kingfisher Airlines

In 2004, placed the winning bid of £175,000 for 'The sword of Tipu Sultan'in London. Four years later, it still remains in London. Find out why, yourself.

In March 2009, placed the winning bid of US$1.8 million for the Mahatma's belongings.

Good Job! Lets forget your other financial evasions in business for now, shall we?

Though not a Gandhi fan, my anger towards this blatant mockery of India knows no bounds. If all the auction items genuinely belonged to 'bapu', how was 'INDIA' not privy to the fact of their existence?

While I completely trust the 'result' of the Mukherjee Commission (which is 'no result'), I no longer trust any of the crap that was fed us, by some so called statesmen. I have decided not to malign my blog by mentioning names of such tainted individuals or their descendants. Everyone already knows.

For more info, check this - http://www.ivarta.com/columns/OL_060603.htm

No comments: